This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Slack is on a mission to make your working life simpler, more pleasant, and more productive. By connecting the right people, at the right time, in the right place, with the right tools, Slack drives alignment and accelerates the pace of work— while enabling teams to collaborate in a fuller and more human way.
Slack’s Productivity Experiences team sits at the forefront of this mission, driving efficiencies in how teams leverage their everyday tools—from email and files to calendar, tasks and calls—in a way that’s effortless, delightful, and seamlessly integrated into Slack. We’re seeking a group product manager to lead a productivity segment and a cross-functional team to execute on a unique opportunity to shape the growth of Slack and define “the new way of work”.
We’re looking for someone who can take an audacious goal in a broad field of productivity and devise a vision, strategy, and plan they will execute in collaboration with their design, engineering, and research partners.The role requires someone comfortable with operating in a highly dynamic environment, who thrives on navigating ambiguity and solving complex problems. The product manager is the glue between engineering, design, and both internal and external stakeholders.
Slack has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. If this sounds like a good fit for you, why not say hello?
What you will be doing
- Responsible for the 1~2 year product vision and strategy for how teams and individuals better prioritize, organize, and get their work done.
- Relied upon by senior leadership as a domain expert in the field of productivity, often presenting to executives your product strategy, execution progress, and contribution to company-wide success metrics.
- You will not have a team to manage directly, but will lead a cross-functional team.
- Help cross-functional partners, and senior leaders to be aware of down-stream risks and dependencies to be mitigated.
- Synthesize customer needs, industry trends, and data to think deeply to create strategies and plans to take us into white-space territory.
- Comfortable learning quickly, prototyping rapidly, and shipping incrementally as you discover and find product-market fit.
What you should have
- A senior technical product leader with a pragmatic, strategic approach to problem-solving with a strong product intuition.
- A customer-centric and have demonstrated examples of successfully delivering compelling user features in the productivity space.
- An execution-focused mindset and can appropriately prioritize and manage conflicting requirements.
- A proven ability to establish credibility at the executive level and have experience gaining consensus and approval for product planning efforts across multiple functional leaders.
- A genuine self-starter who proactively identifies challenges/opportunities and works across teams and organizations to generate and execute solutions.
- Strong technically and have a track record of successfully delivering innovative solutions resulting in rapid adoption by users.
- Approach complex challenges methodically, building decision making frameworks founded on qualitative and quantitative data.
- A university degree (BS or MS) in Computer Science, a related degree or equivalent experience is recommended
- 8+ years of product management experience
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- 3+ years of developer or designer experience.
- Productivity software experience in user-facing products strongly preferred.
- Passion about Slack and the problems we are solving.