This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Theorem is looking for a motivated craftsperson to join our global team of 180+ professionals to support our growing distributed services business. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
Feeling a bit unsure about Theorem or how your skills meet the requirements of this role? Please apply anyway and share your thoughts in the application. At Theorem, we are focused on open communication and feedback. As a fully distributed organization, we believe that our diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
WHAT YOU’LL DO
We’re looking for an experienced product manager to join the team at Theorem. In this role, you will lead squads of 1-2 designers and 2-3 engineers and work directly with customers to build complex custom software applications. When the environment permits, the Product Manager is expected to travel approximately 25% of the time.
WHO YOU ARE
As a Product Manager, you are responsible for overall product guidance, vision, prioritization, planning, and stakeholder communication. You are a quick study and have the ability to become a domain expert in the areas required for your products. You need to know the business opportunities, competitors, customer pain points and technical details about each product.
As Product Manager you are a guide and can also lead Delivery. Clients look to you to chart out the approach that will get them results within their time and budget.
While we have team members all over the world, our current needs require our product manager to be physically located within North America/South America to ease time and material costs of travel.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Guide strategy by collecting research, running project kickoffs, and defining business goals
- Consult to internal and external stakeholders by Guiding clients and project teams through the right steps to get a world-class product
- Speak to overall design by converting ideas and goals into wireframes with a UX/UI designer, often developing the first set of sketches yourself or collaboratively. At times you may even make changes to wires yourself
- Partner with engineering to oversee the delivery of each project milestone by managing/collaborating with the project team
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- 5+ years of professional experience at minimum
- You can give examples of products you managed and brought to market
- You have lived the end to end software product lifecycle
- Demonstrated, proven experience of situations where you learned and understood a client’s business domain previously unfamiliar to you
- Strong Agile/Scrum experience - the squad will look to you to establish an environment where they can be effective
- Experience identifying and describing product backlog
- Experience establishing priority of backlog stories
- Experience creating and making changes to wireframes yourself
- Experience using Figma, Sketch other modern collaborative design tools
- Previous consulting experience is a must
- Previous experience working in an enterprise environment
- Previous remote work experience is required
- Previous experience managing and collaborating on highly distributed teams is required
- Possess a strong and reliable internet connection.
- Strong previous experience in a highly technical environment is a must
- You geek out on finding out how stuff works.
- You are able to hit the ground running within your area of expertise and are not afraid to try things you have never done before
- Thrive on collaborating with other team members and across disciplines
- You are happy to receive feedback and see it as an opportunity for reflection and improvement
- You are always learning - Whether you are learning to help your team and customer work through new concepts and technology
- You are astute, you know when to push an issue and when to let things lie
- You are friendly - you reach out to your teammates even if they aren’t on your project team
- You can work through ambiguity - you aren’t shy about asking questions to gain clarity
- Entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial - always on the lookout for new opportunities to improve the company externally and internally
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2007, Theorem LLC (https://theorem.co) is a remote-first technology consulting company, fully distributed by design. We are privately-owned and committed to building a sustainable organization, at the company level, and for each of our team members.
Our services range from new product development, pure R & D, legacy modernization, pricing strategy development, revenue generation, process optimization, and organizational transformation and cultural design.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology — but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof.
Current and past customers include some of the household names on the Fortune 200 list but also start-ups and non-commercial organizations.
BENEFITS AND PERKS
TEAM RETREAT -Once a year the entire Theorem team gets together at an inspiring location to meet, work and play.
HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND - HAPPY TEAM -We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
HEALTHCARE & FINANCE -For US & UK based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
Theorem expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, sexual orientation, sexual preference, lifestyle, social class, military status, disability, hairstyle, physical features, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. Theorem encourages applicants of all ages. Theorem is an equal opportunity employer. No statements by Theorem are intended to create an offer of employment unless made in writing, signed by an officer of the company and no offer shall become effective unless countersigned by the prospective employee.