This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Are you passionate about working on products used and loved by millions of people every day? At Yelp, you’ll have an opportunity to make a real impact on a product you actually use. The team you’ll work with is innovative, nimble, and fun. The culture at Yelp is a unique environment combining the best parts of being at a startup with the stability and resources of a successful public company. You’ll have full ownership of your focus area and will be able to make fast decisions in a highly collaborative environment.
As a Product Manager on our Consumer team, you’ll focus on the parts of our app and website that are used by the vast majority of Yelpers. Namely, how people consume business information, read reviews, view photos, save places they love and anything else that touches the millions of people that discover businesses through Yelp. You’ll also work closely with our product design team to ensure that the feel and experience of Yelp keeps moving forward. It’s difficult to overstate the impact of this role.. your work will literally be seen by every user of the product!
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
Where You Come In:
- Manage the team of product managers responsible for the core experience of our app and site.
- Work closely with our design team to set the UX vision for the product.
- Own your product area’s destiny and create roadmaps for the team to reflect this vision.
- Sift through our mountains of high-quality review and photo data to deliver personalized, contextual information to Yelp users.
- Delve into the mechanics of generating high-quality user generated content to engage the community and grow reviews.
- Analyze data to understand key leverage points in the core product experience that will influence long-term user retention.
- Get hands on! You’ll manage a team but also get a chance to define, manage, and ship products of your own!
What It Takes To Succeed:
- 3+ years of experience building consumer facing products.
- Passion for UX: your wireframes convey a product vision.
- Solid understanding of how to grow metrics and lots of practice running experiments.
- Great with data: you can run your own queries and turn data into actionable insights.
- Experience managing the development process: you know how to make things happen.
- Play well with others - enjoy sharing knowledge and ideas with others as much as learning from them!