This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
The Risk team mitigates payment risks and creates opportunities for Stripe. Risks can take many forms; from financial exposure created in moving money on behalf of our users, to the commitments we make to financial partners, and the regulatory status we bear so that our users don’t have to. Although risk management often implies a tradeoff between the product experiences we create for users and our desire to mitigate risk, the Risk team at Stripe refutes that base case paradigm. Instead, Risk creates innovative products, programs and policies to improve the user experience and grow the product, while systematically mitigating payment risks for Stripe’s business and partners.
As the Credit Risk Lead, you will be responsible for driving how we grow our top line while mitigating risk from credit events. You will design product strategy, create a great user experience in complex financial flows, and will gain exposure to a wide range of challenges. This is a high impact role that involves cross-functional partnership with Sales, Legal, Treasury, and Finance.
At Stripe, product development is a collaborative effort between engineering, design, analytics and customer-facing teams. You’d be joining a small but growing team of experienced Product Managers who have a track record of successfully building large-scale business and consumer products that are collectively impacting millions of users around the world.
You may be a fit if:
- You’re motivated by the chance to improve the lives of your users
- You excel at navigating difficult tradeoffs
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills with a talent for precise articulations of customer problems
- You’re equally comfortable interfacing with internal credit stakeholders as well as CEOs and CFOs of our top merchants
- You have experience working on a large scale platforms or infrastructure
- You have impeccable product taste, and have shipped products with great user experiences at scale
- You can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into solid action plans
- You have 7+ years of experience in a product role