This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Stripe aims to deliver the best experience for developers in the industry. A key component of that strategy is offering tools and technologies that make it delightful to build and test a Stripe integration. The Developer Products team is responsible for Stripe’s webhook functionality, CLI, VS Code extension, and so much more.
We’re looking for a product manager who loves developers and wants to interact with them daily to understand their needs.
There are a million features we could build, but as the product manager for Developer Products, you’ll be responsible for answering what we should build. In partnership with engineering, you’ll coauthor the strategy and roadmap for developer products, with the goal of each new release making a measurable impact on the business. You’ll also define product requirements and – most importantly – ship new features to market.
- Partner with the engineering team to ship functionality that delights users, has the right balance of impact vs engineering cost, and makes a measurable impact on the business
- Interact with customers daily and translate their needs into product requirements
- Develop the vision, strategy, and roadmap for future investments in developer products
- Define key success metrics for developer products
- Work closely with user researchers to test hypotheses and understand developer pain points
- Validate product ideas and prototypes with early adopters
- Work closely with developer relations & developer marketing to launch new features and drive product awareness and adoption
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Both passion for and experience shipping tools for developers. For example, you’ve shipped CLIs, client libraries, APIs, and/or an IDE extension
- 5+ years of Product Management experience
- Computer Science background or equivalent technical experience
You may be a fit if:
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills
- You are a member of the developer community and have a strong understanding of developer needs
- You’re very knowledgeable of the tools and processes development teams use to develop, build, and, test integrations
- You’re enjoy using social media to interact directly with customers for feedback
- You’ve founded a business / startup
- Your hands are filthy. You only ship functionality after you’ve personally test driven it and made heavy edits to the documentation
What’s it like to work at Stripe?
Stripe is helping the internet fulfill its potential as a platform for economic progress by building software tools that accelerate global economic access and technological development. Stripe makes it easy to start, run, and scale an internet business from anywhere in the world.
We look at Stripe as a constant work in progress and the same is true of our people; for all of us, we believe the best is yet to come. We’re here to support each other in our curiosity and creativity – which we pursue through thoughtful discussion and knowledge-sharing among a diverse set of peers and colleagues.
We want to work in a company of warm, inclusive people who treat their colleagues exceptionally well. The kind of people who are committed to going out of their way to help other Stripes in the short-term and pushing them to improve over the long-term (by helping them to get better at what they do).
We’re a highly cross-functional organization and view that as part of the fun: we design our space to encourage as much collaboration as possible. We have long tables in the kitchen for a reason (to enable everyone to meet new people and learn from them). We also have a culture of transparency that we carry through to email communication, ensuring that Stripes all around the world have the information they need to make good local decisions.
In both our products and our people, we aim to reflect, represent and advocate for all of our users, globally. Our users transcend geography, culture and language; what we share, collectively, is a drive to create a fairer, more economically interconnected world.