This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Here at Medium, we are building the best place for reading and writing on the internet—a place where today’s smartest writers, thinkers, experts, and storytellers can share big, interesting ideas; a place where ideas are judged on the value they provide to readers, not the fleeting attention they can attract for advertisers.
While relationships on Medium generally start between a reader and a writer, all users join a global network where they discover others with shared interests. On Medium, ideas are proposed and continuously refined by our community through tools for feedback, discussion and curation. As a Product Manager on the Engagement team, you’ll work to deeply understand and support the myriad communities that rely on our platform for connection and rich discourse. You’ll work to dramatically increase the number and quality of connections made on Medium by developing features which allow users to express themselves and build bonds with other readers and creators.
What You’ll Do:
- Own and develop the product vision and roadmap for high-visibility products that enable readers and creators on Medium to discover and connect with others in the network.
- In collaboration with our UX team, conduct research into opportunities to foster community and connection between readers and creators. Synthesize research findings with learnings from User Happiness and Data Science to develop an opinion on the highest-impact initiatives.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and Medium’s in-house editorial team within an agile process to develop features.
- Balance technical and UX debt against launching and iterating on new features quickly. Maintain a high bar for accessibility and performance as core to a good user experience.
- Evangelize the team’s work to the organization and regularly engage in robust dialogue with executive leadership about your product(s).
Who Are You?
- You have at least 4 years experience as a PM working on consumer web and/or mobile applications.
- You can consider multiple customers at once, bridging the needs of creators as well as readers to identify solutions that are beneficial to both.
- You have proven experience working collaboratively with design and engineering peers, and defining solutions with cross-functional partners. Bonus points if you’ve worked on large-scale social networks or communities.
- You are an excellent communicator. You are comfortable having conversations with executives and junior team members (and everyone in between) as part of your daily work.
- You welcome the challenge of defining success for products that cannot be easily judged by A/B test results. You have strong product instincts, and know how to validate them with data.
At Medium, we foster an inclusive, supportive, fun yet challenging team environment. We understand the value of diverse backgrounds and respect the healthy expression of diverse opinions. We embrace experimentation and the examination of all kinds of ideas through reasoning and testing. Come join us as we continue to change the world of digital media. Medium is an equal opportunity employer. Interested? We’d love to hear from you.