This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Together we’re building a company that will endure and products people will love for generations to come.
We believe that people do their best in a culture that fosters inclusion, innovation, and success. Our values - Champion the Customer, Take the Lead, Run Together, Ack + Own and Bring Yourself - serve as the foundation of our collaborative and dynamic culture.
Whether it’s conducting a retrospective, participating in our bi-annual hack weeks, cranking out a new product feature, supporting our two PagerDuty bands, or doing our day to day work, Dutonians live and breathe these five values every day. Together, we solve real customer issues and fulfill our mission of connecting teams to real-time opportunities and elevate work to the outcomes that matter.
We’re building an inclusive workplace that represents the real, everyday people we support around the world. From how we build our teams to who sits in the boardroom, we hope you can see yourself at PagerDuty.
Why We Need You
As our SEO Product Manager, you will be responsible for all things Organic search. You will be responsible for achieving business goals through SEO and will have a solid understanding of current technical and content SEO strategies. You will work cross functionally with our content, marketing, product, and community teams as well as agencies to help understand and drive Organic trial acquisition growth. You have a genuine love and understanding of SEO and how it impacts organic traffic and search engine visibility.
Key Responsibilities - How You Impact Our Vision
- Implement strategic SEO initiatives to increase organic traffic and conversions against our core KPIs
- Create, review, maintain, and publish high quality SEO content, working closely with content producers and editorial teams
- Provide recommendations and strategies for continued SEO improvement
- Collaborate with internal marketing team to ensure SEO best practices are learned and implemented across site and within content creation
- Manage relationships with external vendors and agencies to optimize search and ensure implementation of best practices
- Managing towards key SEO website metrics such as: Organic traffic, Organic trials, conversion rate, website performance, bounce rate, page load speed, keyword rankings
- Understanding of effective SEO strategies and tactics (technical and content)
- Analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities. Proven ability to consolidate and analyze data from multiple sources (website, social media, SEM). Comfort with SQL or data analysis tools (Periscope, Looker, etc .)
- Ability to deliver clear, concise, and reliable reporting on all activities to key stakeholders
- Interest and passion for all things search - you genuinely enjoy the challenges of SEO, everything is a puzzle and you’re eager to figure it out
- Comfortable presenting your findings and recommendations to others, able to make a strong caSEO-friendly code, backlinking, UX/UI, usability and crawlabilityse while remaining receptive to feedback.
- Impeccable follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- Expert at project management, able to independently manage multiple projects at various stages at one time
About You - Minimum Qualifications
- 3+ years of SEO experience
- Strong grasp of web and SEO tools (Google Analytics, Search Console, SEMrush, Ahrefs, Moz, Wordpress)
- Experience working cross-functionally (bonus points for experience working with creative, product, and/or engineering teams)
- Experience with SaaS B2B websites in the tech space, ideally marketing to developers or a technical audience
- Growth mindset, and a self‐starter who thrives in a fast‐paced environment.
- The ability to think ahead and catch problems before they arise.
- Understanding of website conversion rate optimization
- Familiarity with with agile best practices and sprint ceremonies
- Good awareness of the digital marketing ecosystem
Are you interested in joining one of the fastest growing global technology companies? Then apply now
Please Note: This role may be filled at a different level dependent on the candidate and based out of our San Francisco, Toronto, or Atlanta offices. Relocation Assistance not available at this time.
- Competitive salaries and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, and vision plans for you, your spouse and family
- Generous parental leave
- Paid vacation (3 weeks vacation your first year, 4 weeks afterwards) in addition to paid holidays and ample sick leave
- Opportunities to get involved in PagerDuty’s Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and other diversity initiatives. ERGs are self-organized, employee-run communities focused on advancing a sense of belonging and inclusion for all - members, advocates, and allies.
- Paid employee volunteer time - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company wide hack weeks