This job listing is closed. Subscribe to our weekly newsletter to catch the next one on time.
Owned by Jeff Bezos, Arc Publishing (https://www.arcpublishing.com/) is a state-of-the-art digital experience platform engineered to meet the demands of enterprise brands and media and entertainment companies around the world. An integrated ecosystem of cloud-based tools, Arc helps create and distribute content, drive digital commerce, and deliver powerful multichannel experiences to both internal and external audiences. Today, Arc powers more than 1,400 sites across 23 countries, reaching over 1.5 billion unique monthly visitors.
As an increasing number of large digital publishers move their critical business processes to Arc Publishing, we are in need of a Technical Product Manager to own the development of Arc’s authentication and authorization system for our customer users. Thousands of users across the world log in to Arc every day as part of their job, and it’s essential that these users have a seamless and easy experience accessing their tools and data in a secure way.
In this role, you will use client feedback to drive platform and feature improvement, while also looking to the overall business goals of Arc to drive a long-term, strategic roadmap for our authentication and authorization technical product. You will track the authentication requirements of all our SaaS application suite and synthesize them into Arc’s comprehensive internal authorization solution. You will balance competing demands of accessibility and security to push forward a stable, scalable platform for Arc’s users.
The ideal candidate will bring a mix of organizational skills, an ability to communicate to technical and non-technical stakeholders, critical thinking and a commitment to constantly improve the customer experience. This is a technical role and candidates must also be able to track technical authentication requirements in detail.
In this role you will:
- Create, manage and evangelize a strategic roadmap for Arc’s direct customer authentication and authorization platform
- Incorporate user feedback, business goals and engineering requirements into a living roadmap for the Permissions product
- Coordinate product release activities across multiple teams, driving internal team coordination and clear communication
- Engage with engineers and other product managers to identify, validate and execute on key roadmap initiatives
- Solicit client feedback to drive platform and feature improvement
- Describe, demo and document key technical features of the Permissions product for Arc customers and internal users as subject matter expert
- Identify internal processes and product features that will advance those goals in both the short and long term
- Identify key metrics to drive adoption of new features and best practices, and report them to stakeholders
Candidates must have:
- 2-5 years experience experience in either product management or web engineering, including:
- Analyzing customer feedback, user research and performance data to guide product feature development
- Conducting customer research sessions
- Managing and prioritizing against a backlog and roadmap
- Communicating directly with customers across multiple formats and streams — e.g. writing documentation, creating videos, meeting directly
- Working with designers, engineers and other stakeholders to launch products in an agile manner
- Working knowledge of Agile processes and principles
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally among editorial, sales, technical, and executive teams, explaining complex concepts using appropriate terminology for stakeholders
- Familiarity with RESTful API design
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Ideal candidates may have some:
- Direct experience with Okta, Auth0, Cognito, Duo or another SaaS authentication platform
- Experience administering Active Directory, Google Workspaces or another identity product
- Experience as an engineer implementing permissions or authorization systems in a product